Pool Safety Tips
This article covers important pool safety tips. Regardless of the Queensland Pool Fence Legislation being bought into effect, a significantly high number of swimming pool and spa fences are not meeting the legislative requirements. Read on for some of our most common issues encountered and safety tips and self-check questions to help swimming pool owners rectify any issues.
The Pool Fence or Spa Fence Gate Pool Safety Tips
- Do all the pool gates open away from the pool?.
- Is the top of the gate latch 1500mm from the ground?.
- Is the top of the gate latch 1400mm from the highest of the bottom horizontal rails?.
- When the gate is closed, is it securely locked or does it pull free easily?.
- If a child of approx. 25kg bounced on the bottom rail of the gate would it pop free?.
- Does the gate self close from any position in its full arc of operation?.
- Are the hinges 900mm apart? Or capped if less than 900mm apart?.
The Pool Fence Pool Safety Tips
- Is the fence a minimum 1200mm in height?.
- Are all components on the gate and fence tight and secure? (Including hinges, all screws, latches & rails).
- Are there any gaps in the fence greater than 100mm?.
- Can you create a gap in the fence greater than 105mm when you squeeze 2 rails together with 15kg of force?.
- Are there any horizontal footholds on the fence greater than 10mm wide, this includes wire, bolts or screws?.
The Boundary Fence Pool Safety Tips
- If your pool fence intersects your boundary fence, is there a 900mm clear area on the outside?.
- Are the rails on the boundary fence more then 900mm from the top of the pool fence?.
- Are any structural components on the pool boundary fence well maintained and fixed securely?.
Climbable Objects Adjacent to the Poll Fence or Spa Fence
- Are there any climbable tree branches/stumps/objects/toeholds within 900mm of the outside of the fence?.
- Are there any pot plants or climbable objects against the fence on either side?.
Pool Fence and Spa Fence CPR Sign Pool Safety Tips
- Do you have a current CPR sign displayed inside the pool enclosure, unobstructed, visible & undamaged?.
Book Your Pool Fence Inspection with Be Safe Pool Fence Inspections Today
Our Pool Safety Inspectors are all government certified and have years of experience to provide you with a hassle free and comprehensive swimming pool inspection process.
Pool Safety Certificate Tips
A Pool Safety Certificate is only issued with the Pool Safety Inspector deems the fence complies with the Qld legislation. If non-compliant, you will be issued with a notice of non-compliance and report outlining the reasons why your pool fence is non-compliant and solutions to rectify said issues.
Form 23 – Pool Safety Certificate
Do you need a pool safety inspection or Form 23 – Pool Safety Certificate? Book online now with Be Safe Pool Fence Inspections.
At only $200 including the government certificate fee for a residential pool inspection, it really is a small price you pay for piece of mind. Arrange your pool fence inspection with Be Safe Pool Fence Inspections.
Phone: 1300 677 665
Mobile: 0488 558 526